According to Buddhist philosophy, “Emptiness” or “Non-Self” is one of the 3 characteristics that define our existence. The other 2 are “Impermanence “, and “Suffering”.
- the true nature of things and events (Dalai Lama)
- very much a part of our everyday existence (Lewis Richmond)
- a series of “no’s” and “not’s”
- no “self”
- not “me”, “myself”, nor “what I am”
- no separation between subject and object; everything is interdependent.
- no “I”, only “Us”.
- The earth, the animals, the sky, the earth and I, all dependent on, and part of each other, filled with endless compassion for each other.
There are now over 50 photographs and videos, posted at Desktop Safari.
For your enjoyment, a photo or video, with a brief description, is posted every few days.
To continue to receive alerts to our monthly “EYE”, sign up here. When you do sign up, you’ll get a free, instantly downloadable, art print.